Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Offer Letter to "Named Actors"


So we're approaching different "named" actors about a few of the cameo roles we have. It's a tricky thing approaching an agent (I mean shark) for a well-known actor when you don't really have any money yet for the project. Of course if we could get a named actor attached to the project it would make getting the money a lot easier, or so I presume.. bit of a catch-22, but then Hollywood seems rife with those. So I'm basically not telling them we don't have the money. I guess it's not exactly lying because they haven't asked either. I'm including (below) the letter we sent to actor/comedian (one of my all time favs, in fact) Eddie Izzard, who I'm offering the part of Martin - the gay art rep. Haven't heard back yet but I'm not holding my breathe.

March 15, 2010



Scott Schatchter
ICM
10250 Constellation Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Re: Eddie Izzard
Dear Mr. Schatchter,
Please accept this letter as an offer to Eddie Izzard for the cameo role of “Martin” in the independent feature film, Ekstasis. I have admired Mr. Izzard’s comedic talent since ‘cake or death’ and have since developed a deep admiration for his acting talent after seeing his work in The Riches, one of the best (and sadly under-appreciated) series ever to grace the television. Although I highly doubt the role of Martin will be a terribly challenging part for Mr. Izzard, it will give him plenty of latitude to ply his comedic genius and breathe some real depth and authenticity into a character that could be played too stereotypically by the wrong actor.
Shooting will require one, possibly two days. Although we are still ironing out specific dates, we should begin principal shooting in June 2010 in the San Antonio/Austin, TX area. We will certainly try to work around any scheduling conflicts he may have. We have budgeted $5,000/day plus travel/expenses for him but there may be a little latitude here. Please let me know if he has any specific requirements.
I understand Mr. Izzard is of the caliber of actor who can pick and choose which projects he is interested in. Although we are, in fact, a small independent production company, we have a beautiful project that I hope you both will see has immense promise. Also, if it’s any incentive whatsoever, we are known to have the best Tex-Mex this side of the border!
Please let me know if I can answer any further questions for you. I anxiously await your response.
Thank you,


Kimberly A. Suta,
Director

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kimberly,

    Wondering how did this stunt go? did you managed to get the actor you wanted? also how did the project go?

    Regards,
    Tharun - Just another indie film maker, who is looking to change the world :)

    ReplyDelete